Side Dish Ideas is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
Fill your plate with these High Protein Side Dishes to complement your dinners and help you meet your protein goals! From arugula burrata salad to crispy air fryer asparagus fries, find your new favorite high protein side dish here.
- Easy High Protein Meals
- High Protein Side Dish Recipes
- Air Fryer Asparagus Fries
- Mushroom Risotto
- Pesto Gnocchi
- Stuffed Mushrooms
- Broccoli Salad with Apples
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Veggies Au Gratin
- Papas con Chorizo
- Smothered Potatoes with Sausage
- Cauliflower Rice
- Sauteed Garlic Mushrooms
- Arugula Burrata Salad
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- High Protein Side Dishes FAQs
- High Protein Side Dish Recipe Tips
- Broccoli in Air Fryer: High Protein Side Dishes
Easy High Protein Meals
These days, I've been looking for ways to pack my plate with more protein! Having a high protein meal is important for workout days, when you need a little extra pick-me-up, or dinner nights where the rest of your meal might be lacking in protein and need a little boost.
This collection has all my personal favorite high protein side dishes on it, plus some tips for how to come up with your own high protein sides in a pinch. If you're looking to fit more protein into your menu planning, you've come to the right place to get started!
High Protein Side Dish Recipes
High Protein Side Dishes FAQs
Beans, like edamame or pinto beans, have high amounts of protein, as well as spinach, asparagus, mushrooms, arugula, brussels sprouts, bok choy, broccoli and potatoes.
For a high protein side dish, try an easy salad recipe with cheese, deli meat, and protein-packed greens such as arugula and/or kale. My arugula burrata salad recipe with prosciutto is a great choice, as is my broccoli apple salad with deli turkey.
High Protein Side Dish Recipe Tips
- For an easy high protein side dish in a pinch, saute spinach or mushrooms (they pair well together, too!), or roast asparagus, broccoli, or even a side of red potatoes. A drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt is all you need to make amazing roasted vegetables that are packed with protein.
- Avocado, cherries, raisins, blackberries, peaches, and grapefruit are great high protein fruits that also pair well with side dish salads. Choose one and theme your salad around it, mixing in protein-filled salad greens like arugula.
- Cheese has plenty of protein, so let it be your best friend when making high protein side dishes! Sprinkle parmesan over your salads, stuff mushrooms with cheese, or enjoy creamy burrata with arugula like my personal favorite salad recipe above.
Try my Side Dishes for Hamburgers next!
Did you try this recipe? Let us know in the comments below, and leave a rating! We love to hear from you.
Broccoli in Air Fryer: High Protein Side Dishes
- mixing bowl
- 3 Broccoli crowns
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Using a knife or kitchen scissors, cut bite-sized florets from the whole broccoli crowns, and place them in a mixing bowl.3 Broccoli crowns
- Add in the olive oil, salt, and pepper, then toss well to coat all florets evenly. Broccoli takes extra tossing as the leaves soak up oil.2 Tablespoons Olive oil, 1 teaspoon Black pepper, 1 teaspoon Salt
- Transfer the coated broccoli to your air fryer's tray or basket in an even layer, then cook at 400°F for 8 minutes. Remove the basket and toss the broccoli, then return to the fryer and let cook another 8 minutes.
- Once finished, let cool and serve!
- Broccoli clings to oil, so make sure to mix it very thoroughly to ensure each floret is coated.
- This recipe has only the most basic seasonings, perfect for you to add your own favorite flavors!
- Make sure not to cut the florets too small, or they might slip through the holes in the basket. Similarly, if they're too big, they might not evenly cook. Bite-sized is perfect!